Saturday, February 4, 2012

Part Three

 Wednesday Jan. 25th. 10:00 am
The only reason I needed to see my primary physician was so that i can get a referral from him to see an orthopedic doctor. But he had to see me first to confirm what the hell had happened to me. And, of course, the orthopedic doctor had to be under my primary "group". Which is still.....20-30 miles away from my home (dammit)
  So, the great thing that happened that day was that my doctor got me an appointment at the ortho center. That very same day. And not too far away from where my doc's office was anyway. Woohoo!! These people were amazing. They helped me with getting my state disability papers in order. They re-did my splint from the ER's splint that was looking a tad like a Frankenstein wrapping. They were extremely helpful. I met my surgeon to-be. She saw my MRI and told me about the surgery that was to be conducted. Made me feel very comfortable. At that point, i was like "Let's do this!!" We set up an appointment for that following Wednesday, February 1st. Exactly 1 week later. But once again......23-30 miles away from home (dammit) Oh well.....gotta do what i gotta do.

No comments: