Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Part Five

Thursday, Feb 2nd - Wednesday, Feb. 15th

 During the 2 week span of expecting to do absolutely nothing, I really began to think about just what the hell am i gonna do with myself??? The day after the surgery I woke up with the feeling of a crappy sleep, a leg in pain (again), and an astound realization of "Holy shit.....my ass just had surgery yesterday!"  
 Each day passed by as if they were constipated. Which, coincidentally, is one of the side effects of those prescriptions.. But nevertheless....I tried to remain positive.  Another reality that smacked me in the face was that I've worked consistently for about 20 years straight. A Monday through Friday kinda lifestyle. For about 20 years. And now, all of the sudden, I "can't" work for about 4 months. And not just "can't" work, but hell, can't walk, drive, properly shower, carry my food on a plate with a beverage in one trip, etc, etc. So many things. But not working is HUGE!!! My pattern, my routine, my way of living has been completely severed.

  So, with that being said, I would have to assume (haha) that I'm probably not the easiest person to live with under these circumstances. It's weird when 2 people are home,all the time, that sooo many tiny microscopic things are now as large of a deal as the sinking of the Titanic. Every tiny thing that was never an issue, never something that bothered one before, is now highlighted with capital letters in the book titled: "Shit You Do That Pisses Me Off", or "Shit You Don't Do That Pisses Me Off". Every tiny thing is now 1000 times magnified. So, yup....good ol arguments,fussin, fighting, etc. A cell block mentality. Oh, wait.....did I forget to mention the fact that I live in a studio apartment too? Yup....Good times.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Oh boy, cooped up for 4 months in a studio???!!! I suggest you be nice; be VERY nice.